Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Spelling Week of October 17, 2011

So, I am trying to get back into the habit of updating this blog as well as using the free online spelling help, KidsSpell.com.  I really like KidsSpell because I am able to make a custom spelling list using the spelling words we have that week. 

This is a great tool for the homeschooler as well as any parent who wants to help their child with spelling practice.  Anyone can take the spelling list they have and make a custom spelling list.

When we first started doing spelling I would give the girls 10 spelling words and they came up with 2 bonus words, one each.  We have been doing 20 words a week for a few years now.  They also each get to pick 3 bonus words.  They are in a Harry Potter phase so each of the 6 words this week is Harry Potter related. 

The only rule for bonus words is that I get final say.  If I feel a word is too easy I can say no.  Sometimes I let them have an easier one just for fun or because they have some words that week.  The girls have been trying to sneak "Harry" and "Potter" in to their bonus words but I have rejected both of those.

Here is the custom list link:
Week of October 17, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment